- New edition of the International Bicycle Festival 3RIDES on 12.05. - 14.05.2023 in Aachen
- Extended program on the CHIO Aachen show grounds: E-sport area, UCI qualifying races for Gravel World Championships, additional offers for the whole family
- The organizer, 3RIDES GmbH (shareholders: BVA BikeMedia and Prostyle Services), expect more than 30,000 fans of all bike genres from Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg
- Increased marketing planned in Benelux countries
- Exhibitor bookings for the open-air event are now possible
After the successful launch of the 3RIDES bicycle festival (www.3rides-festival.com) in May 2022, the new edition from May 12 to 14, 2023, is poised for growth. With an even broader target group approach, the number of visitors is to be significantly increased from the last figure of around 10,000 people in 2023. The waiver of admission fees, greater internationalization, expanded cooperation with the city of Aachen and additional events are intended to contribute to this.
The innovations in detail:
- E-Sports-Area: On approx. 1000 sqm visitors experience active gaming offers, including offers with virtual & augmented reality. In the E-Cycling Cup for young and old, the fastest participants are determined daily.
- UCI qualifying racefor the Gravel World Championship: 3RIDES is the organizer of the first German qualifying race for the Gravel World Championship 2023. The race is part of the UCI Gravel World Series and complements the wide range of sporting challenges such as bike marathons and gravel rides.
- Expansion of the family offer, e.g. with new offers such as arts and crafts market and expanded kids area (children's rides, wheel races)
- Sprint Challenges: Anyone can compete with any bike (there is a special classification for e-bikes), always one against one.
- Sightseeing and VIP rides: The offer is aimed at recreational cyclists who are interested in getting to know the city of Aachen or prominent representatives of the cycling industry in more detail on guided tours.
The core of the festival remains the large expo with a test bike area, flanked by live musical acts and a food market.
Increased internationalization planned"Especially with the UCI Gravel race and the E-Sports area, we are increasing the attractiveness of the festival for the German market, but also in the neighboring Benelux countries",
assures 3RIDES managing director Björn Mueller. Cooperation with Belgian and Dutch event organizers and an expanded marketing campaign are intended to attract even more visitors to Aachen from the key growth markets for the bicycle industry.
Marketing power through media cooperation
The organizers of the 3RIDES, the bicycle publisher BVA BikeMedia and the event specialist Prostyle, are building a broad marketing stage for the brands of the bicycle industry in Aachen. This is ensured, among other things, by the high-reach magazines and digital channels of the BVA BikeMedia publishing house ("Fahrrad", "ElektroRad", "RennRad", "RadMarkt").
BVA BikeMedia is part of the family-run Gundlach Group, which comprises medium-sized companies from the Packaging & Printing and Media & Digital business areas.
Attractive location in the border triangle
The festival's location in Aachen has a catchment area of over 10 million people within a radius of 150 kilometers. With the CHIO Aachen, the exhibitors have one of the most attractive event sites in Germany at their disposal, with first-class infrastructure and logistics on an area of more than 42,000 m², with a central and convenient top location for all festival visitors.
Secure your stand now
Aussteller können ab sofort ihren Stand bei 3RIDES buchen. Informationen können über die Webseite abgerufen werden: https://3rides-festival.de/aussteller/
Contact for inquiries
Managing Director 3RIDES GmbH(email@example.com)