The CHIO Aachen is known as an international equestrian Mecca - the world-famous equestrian tournament has been held in Aachen since 1924.en - not only an equestrian Mecca But the grounds also offer a unique flair beyond equestrian sports, whether for concerts or business meetings, open-air cinema events, parties or other sporting events.
The event site offers first-class infrastructure and logistics, more than 42,000 m² of open-air space and a central and convenient location for all visitors (only one kilometre from the motorway and one kilometre from the city centre).
Due to the spaciousness of the grounds, the CHIO Aachen is also the ideal location for the 3RIDES and its highlights:
- A colourful expo of all types of bicycles awaits the visitors. During a varied stage programme, visitors can take part in various workshops or challenges and improve their knowledge about bicycles. In addition, the two 3RIDES presenters always have great and exciting talk guests on stage who have interesting information and funny anecdotes ready.
- 3RIDES attracts not only bike fans, but the whole family - with a food market and chilling live music by DJ and band, everyone will find a place to linger. Party atmosphere and good food with free admission.
- Skill parcours, riding technique training, daily wheel and fat tyre races, as well as a cool BMX airbag show with great stunts. Lots of fun and action awaits the little bike fans in the Kids Area!
- 3RIDES is once again the organiser of the German qualifying race for the 2024 Gravel World Championships. The race over 2 distances is part of the TREK UCI Gravel World Series.
- In addition, 3RIDES 2024 is part of an international Gran Fondo race series. The different age groups start from Aachen on a big loop over 100 - or 150 kilometres into the Eifel.
- From late autumn 2023, 3RIDES will be part of a new international e-cycling series. Various rides and races will be held. At the E-Cycling Cup in Aachen, the aim will be to conquer the winner's crown.
- The border triangle offers scenic tours for all cycling fans. On specially designed routes between 30 - 150 kilometres, amateur cyclists have the opportunity to explore the beautiful landscape.
- Brand new in the programme: Burning lungs and thrills all the way to the finish line - the Gravel Eliminator will take place for the first time in 2024. A mini-race for all interested forest and gravel fans.